Are you over 60? Do you want to be covered for most health eventualities? Would you want to get back on your feet as quickly as possible after an illness or injury?
Get the best cover from MediCompare
Look for coverage where you benefit from the widest range of cover available while at the same time getting the best cost you can find. Costs can vary greatly between providers. So, take great care when comparing private medical insurance before you buy.
Typically covered by a comprehensive medical insurance policy:
In-patient treatment – Treatment requiring an in-hospital stay either as a day patient or on an overnight basis.
Out-patient treatment – Specialist’s diagnosis and consultations that do not require overnight hospital stays.
Additional treatment – These alternative therapies like optical and dental care are not included in many policies so might take extra searching.
Check if these medical expenses are covered in any policy you consider:
- Fees from surgeons and hospitals
- Treatments of a surgical nature
- Medical (non-surgical) treatment
- Diagnostic tests and complex scans
- Pre-admission tests
- Nursing at home
- Post-op consultation and tests
- Physiotherapy & other therapies
- Specialist consultations and tests
- Complex diagnostic Scans (MRI, CT & PET)
- Out-patient treatments/procedures
- Cancer Cover (see Cancer Coverage below)
- Consultations with a specialist
- Radiotherapy & chemotherapy
- Targeted/Biological therapies
- Private ambulance
What’s is Not Covered?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Pre-diagnosed Cancers or those for which symptoms or signs develop within the first 90 days of the policy’s start date.
- Dental problems
- Fertility problems, pregnancy & childbirth
- Neonatal treatment
- Psychiatric conditions
- Cosmetic surgery
- Any claim that has not been pre-authorised
- Care and/or treatment arising from winter sports that occurs whilst on a winter sports holiday.